Why The Ghazi Attack should be your Weekend plan

Not many people turn up for a not-mainstream Bollywood movie, and after Jolly LLB 2's release last week to positive reviews, the footfall for this movie were expected to be less. Anyway, I went to watch the movie with my friends, not expecting much out of it. We didn't know anything about it, the cast, director or any thing else. All I was aware about it was that its India's first War-At-Sea film, is based on real events, is distributed by the Dharma Productions and has Taapsee Pannu in a small role. After watching the movie, I realised that I could've missed such a good movie if I had gone for Jolly LLB 2 instead (which will be playing on TV every other week after a couple of months.)

Based on a real story of Indo-Pakistani war of 1971, the movie did a great job depicting it on the screen. More than 90% of the movie takes place within a submarine, and still is able to showcase nail biting situations excellently. The movie builds up patriotism, and is one of the most patriotic movies I've ever watched. While talking with my friends before the movie started, I felt standing up for the national anthem quite forced. But during the climax scene, my heart was hoping that there is national anthem at the end, so I can stand and salute these brave soldiers. And, indeed my wish was fulfilled.

During the movie you bite your nails, take a deep calming breath, clap and salute. There's no dull moment in the movie, and is gripping from the first scene to the very end. After watching the movie, your respect towards the Indian Soldiers will surely increase, and you will be jaw dropped by seeing their bravery.

Rana Daggubati and Kay Kay Menon did wonderful job as the Lt. Commander and the Captain of the S21 respectively. Atul Kulkarni did a fine job in a supporting role. The other actors too did total justice to the role. Late Om Puri also had a small role in the movie.

Not many movies like these are made in the Indian Movie Industry. Bollywood needs to make more movies like this. Movies like Jolly LLB 2 run at the theaters every week, so why not watch something new? Even I was reluctant at first, but after watching the film, I felt glad that we prefered not to watch the regular mainstream Bollywood movie. So, if you're heading for a movie in the coming days, you might want to watch this than the Masala entertainers like Rangoon or Jolly LLB 2.

OVERALL VERDICT


Acting: 4/5 Stars
Direction: 4.5/5 Stars
Screenplay: 5/5 Stars
Dialogues: 4.5/5 Stars
Editing: 4.5/5 Stars

OVERALL: 4.5/5 Stars

Comments

Popular Posts