School after the Monsoon



After a heavy rainfall,
I look out of the window,
and see the red building
with the green grills


There are colorful swings,
and little children having the time of their lives,
wearing the same uniform I do,
reflecting my past,
coming down the slippery slides,
going ‘round on the same Merry-Go-Round
that I once enjoyed


Thanks to the rain, the building looks fresh, as if it’s newly painted
It’s just the way it was
when i first saw it-
fourteen-ish years ago, during the nursery admissions.


I was three at the time,
too young to know what's right
Since the day I stepped foot here,
this building has felt like home.
So busy with life, I didn’t realize,
when and how
it became one.


Recently, I was at home for three strange weeks,
due to circumstances I couldn't have foreseen,
I had my schoolmates by my side,
yet I couldn't stay calm
until I returned to these corridors,
with these calming, red, brick walls.


Walking around in these corridors, calms my anxiety
Sitting in the Library, reminds me of Harry, Ron & Hermione
The boards in the classes, reflect positive vibes
The Basketball court seems like a big enough ground to the mind


I wouldn't hesitate to say,
it’s been a magical journey, just like that of Hogwarts
Five Days a week, for thirteen-and-a-half years!
Now, just half an year left
Soon, it'll be time to say farewell
to the family-like professors, and
the home-like castle.


I'll stay in touch with the teachers, thanks to Twitter.
I'll try my best to visit regularly,
but not coming here everyday
will be a major change!


Comments

Popular Posts